Sunday, January 07, 2007

Easy money? Happy birthday to me!

I have always believed in hard work, and being rewarded because of it. I was taught there is no shortcut to be succesful. I look at the list of millionaires and billionaires and have read their auto-bio's and the one thing i can deduce is it all boils down to hard work. Even Donald trumps talks about it in his reality show "the apprentice". "There is no short cut for success" he says.

Where am i heading with all of this? Well I've got something that really bugs me. I have a friend who i consider a very close friend. We went to school together and our family would spend holidays together. I consider my friend to be very "bijak". He did well in his SPM, went to the states I can say good tertiary education. But the thing that bugs me is that he is a sucker for all these get rich schemes. He admits to loosing thousands of ringgit, but he continues to "invest" in these "schemes".

Now dia duk promote this "swiss cash" thingy. "Nanti lah" i would say, everytime dia suruh masuk this scheme. "Tak susah cob, kau invest USD300 and kau dapat 300% after 13months" he would say. I didnt take economics during my student days, but I have always wondered business apa yg boleh bagi returns banyak camtu?, even ASB pun tak banyak camtu. Pelik...pelik. So i asked around, most of the people i asked have heard of it. Usually a friend of a friend ada masuk and that they have gotten a return in their investments. "Ada nampak duit tu?" i ask. "ohhh its in e-points, then you convert it and they tt into your account." I did ask my good friend about his returns, his answer? "Dah. Skang ni aku reinvest duit tu. 6 tahun lagi aku millionair ler". Good for him if it materialises. Rezeki dia, but i still believe in good ole fashioned hard work. According to him even Tun Musa Hitam and Dato' Zeti (the BNM Governer) join.
I heard that another good friend of mine has joined. He "invested" RM1,000.

If they do strike it rich because of these scams, hats of to you. Rezeki korang. Someone told me, these internet scams are mostly fly by night operators. One day their there the next day the site may not even exist. If you have a lot of disposable income cuba ler, but if you're a person like me tak payah ler. I have "nasihatkan" my friend but biasalah sapa nak tolak easy money even if you dont know the outcome of that investment. Dari segi agama halal ke duit yg diaorg dapat? I'm not very religously pandai but there are a lot of factors to look at.

So far if you search "swissh cash" kat lam google, all of them say its a scam, but i wonder dont these people know or their eyes dah dikaburi ngan easy money?

On a lighter note, I'm 1 year older. I've reached the not so ripe age of 32. How does a 32 year old guy spend his birthday. Well I'm gonna be on the golf course in the morning, lunch with the family and spending some time alone, to ponder what i'm going to do till my 33rd birthday comes along.


Happy Birthday to me

2 comments:

Feisal said...

Happy birthday my friend....

Acob said...

thanks sal.btw have you been to Bandar Seri Putera lately