Thursday, June 28, 2007

Have you ever...........

The scenario...you're at the gas station to fill up the car. While paying at the counter you notice a familiar face, someone you haven't met for almost 10 years. Your not quite sure if that person is someone you're supposed to know. Those years must have aged the person, but at the back of you're head you're certain you went to school with them. Well that's happened to me often, especially when i "balik kampung". Me being me, always shuns from approaching these long lost faces..segan or just plain ignorant just dont know.

I got news that the ITNMB results just came out. Surprisingly i got a distinction, bawah sikit dari cemerlang. The thing that suprised me was i didn't really study for the exam, plus i "tuang" alot of classes. When i first took the course, I always regarded translation as a "kacang" thing, well i was wrong, It's bloody hard. The instructors said there are alot of translators in the market but to find with substance is quite hard to find. Well I hope i can be one of them, especially with the good results i got..eheheh no harm in "angkat bakul sendiri" rite.

Next month, I'll be heading of to UITM to study Japanese for the next 3 months, thats only the 1st semester. I've got 5 more to go. At first didn't give much thought of taking the language but since the companies paying for it well why not, at least its going to benefit me in the long run.

On the subject of translation, me and my team have been doing a lot of pro bono stuff (free worklah) but only till end of the year. Anyway a friend of mine wanted me to translate some stuff, so i asked her to email it. Was I surprised that it was a proposal for an aquaculture project. Dude if you're reading this, this one aint free..........



Till next time

No comments: