Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Medical Checkup and fast cars

Biasanya medical check up ni kena buat before you report for duty. Tapi kat tempat saya kerja I had to do it a week after joining. Kenapa boleh jadik camni? Well the boss totally forgot bout the medical checkup, only lepas your’s truly tanya did he remember.

Well there I was in the doctors office, had to fill in a few forms. Name, address so and and so forth. Then the thing I dread the most, urine test. I’m not a drug user or anything its just that its sometimes hard for me to urinate in those time of need. I told the nurse that I cannot pee at that time can we do the x-ray first? I guess the nurse follows that strict rule that everything has to run by the numbers. “Takpe, minum air suam ni kejap lagi boleh lah tu” ever being so nice. It took me a good 15 minutes before I had the urge to “go”. There I was staring at that empty cup making sure it doesn’t overflow a good thing it didn’t. After taking my urine, off to take my x-ray. Taking x-rays was not a problem, the only thing is that you have to maintain that certain “pose”. Letih lah kengkadang.

After semua tu dah settle, I had to wait for the doctor to call me. After waiting for a good 5 minutes, I entered his room. The doctor was quite old I guess in his 40’s. He asked the same type of questions I guess all doctors do. He asked me pernah buat ECG or not? I don’t even know what an ECG is so I guess since the companies paying for it why not. So there I was all “plugged” up to a machine. I think ECG ni monitors your heart or something related to it. It seems that my heart ni ada slight problem. Nothing major unless I don’t stop smoking. After looking at my x-ray he asked me whether I noticed my spine was agak “senget”.Betul lah my tulang belakang senget skit. He said maybe in the long run it might cause problems. No wonder I have back pains. Besides than this I am okay. Lupa plak I’m overweight, by 10 pounds. If you look at me 10 years back I was skinny as a needle. Things have changed.

2 days back, had a meeting with Naza in Kampung Baru. Kat situ jugak ada show room diaorg. I reached there half an hour early (keluar awal because takut jam). So before going up to the meeting lepak kejap tgk kereta kat show room diaorg. All the cars were high end cars, you had Porches’s, Mercs, Beemers etc I think the cheapest was the Murano RM288k. All imported from Japan. The funny thing is the sales people tak bother datang and do their sales pitch unlike the other car manufacturers. I guess they know the cars on show are way beyond my budget.

-Back pains & fast cars-

No comments: