Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Breath of "fresh" air

Nothing much to write about..no bahan plus been busy with work. Guess I'll write about something i like to do in my spare time.

In the previous company, the whole area was a smoking zone. I pity the people who worked there, especially the non smoking people. Even if you put a non smoking sign people just wont wont bother. People would even smoke during board meetings.

Now its a totally brand new ball game. In my new workplace, they really enforce the no smoking policy. There are only like 3 people who smoke, and that includes me. Basically we are a dying breed. The provided smoking area is basically at the stair case. There you will find other smokers who occupy the other floors.


Smoking Area


Ash tray paling besar


tempat duduk yg selesa


Matahari buatan


hmmm?

Since tak ramai smoker's the urge for me dah kurang which for me is a good thing cause i'm planning to quit. Nowadays a packet of 20's can last me 3 days plus the factor of no one asking me for a stick. Dont forget kids smoking aint good for your health, take it from me.




Until Next time..enjoy

4 comments:

Ammoontie said...

Hi Acob,
Your posting today is my favourite subject. I dont smoke and it upsets me when I have to be near people who smoke. In my present office also, they take the liberty to smoke, eventhough I put signs "No smoking please". All becos the boss smokes!! My boss in Singapore doesnt smoke, so nobody dare to smoke in the office, they follow rules.
In our new office ( now under renovation, I have insisted on having a smokers room, with the hope that these people will have a bit of civic minded and follow the new rules. I feel that those people who smoke in a non smoking areas are VERY SELFISH and INSENSITIVE.There are people who are allergic to smoke, who have weak lungs... but the smokers never CARE about this.
Actually passive smokers suffer the most, smokers exhale all the smoke and passive smokers inhale it...!!
So..if you intend to quit smoking...so much the better.Nanti I belanja teh tarek...

Acob said...

ammoontie..very long reply on the smoking thing.Yeah understand what you mean. Especially after reading your blog and yeah i will tuntut that glass of teh tarek. Btw are u based in the middle east?

Ammoontie said...

acob... sorry lah for the long reply, but I can talk a lot if I am passionate about a subject.

Acob said...

ammontie..no problem, u can write/talk as long as you like. its a free country :)