Thursday, August 17, 2006

Why should I care?

Its been almost 2 months since i left the old company, but the urge to know what is going on is still an interest of mine. For me its just good gossip (like Cik Siti getting married) Dont know why, maybe because of too many bad memories. It wasn't my intention to leave but because of too many politics and self interest i knew i had to go. I dont see my future there. I'm still in touch with my old colleagues, we went through the good and the bad together. So once in a while they do tell me whats going on in the company.

Before I left, I was required to fill up an "exit interview" form. Its the standard form, they ask you why you are leaving and how to improve things. The best part is they want you to answer truthfully. I'm the type of person who doesn't like to keep things inside. Its better to let it all out, like the saying goes "nothing better than the truth". Plus who cares 'cause you're leaving the company anyway.

Anyway, I'm not bothered that much on the going on of the old establishment. The thing that pisses me off is when people say eventhough I "bukak pekung di dada" but the same old things are still happening. The best thing is these people are getting promoted for doing it. Look, I did my part. I told the truth, whatever happens after that does not interest me. So okay these people who got promoted may have siphoned money and had the extra marital affairs. At least the Senior Management of the Group knew about it. If they got promoted because of it, well congratulations! At least my conscience is clear.

If my colleagues in the old establishment read this, please understand that I'm not pissed with them . Please understand that I did the best in my capacity by informing the management. Like I said at least i did something. On the day I left there were 3 of us leaving. I know from a fact that 2 of the exit interviews were answered just for the sake of answering. The truth was never told.

I dont know whether MKB will lead the company or not, but i know from a fact that if he does you guys wont have a future there. Just concentrate on finding greener pastures. The main thing here is whether the company can achieve that RM150m target. Well if by the 31st December of 2006, they do achieve it hats off to them. They have prooven me wrong. But if its otherwise then i'll be knocking on their door on the 2nd of January.



I'm tired of the old crap..bunch of bigots

3 comments:

Ammoontie said...

Hi acob,
There bound to be office politics in every office. So we cannot run frm it. It is not easy to manage people, a lot of times we have to bear with them. I used to switch jobs when I first started working, but have now settled down in my present job... hopefully sampai pencen lah.
Whatever it is, as long as our conscience is clear, thats all there is. Rezki kita di beri oleh Allah.
Wish you all the best in whatever you do.

Izhal said...

the truth is out there bak kata fox mulder la dude... lama2 dana scully pun percaya sama fox mulder... tapi kesian la deep throat mati kena tembak... walaubagaimanapun the truth will finally be known... not here on earth, else where...

Acob said...

Ammontie...i bukan nak lari,but the thing just keeps on coming after me. I guess politics love me :)

Iz..I agree, but i always end up being the one getting shot