Thursday, May 11, 2006

Justice & Fairness

Conversation on the way back home yesterday.

Wife : Did you know that all the O2's (officer 2) will be getting their arrears?

Me : hmmmm

Wife : Some of them dapat arrears up to RM10k

Me : Thats good..their rezeki


Wife : Yang I tak puas hati tu, is that Mr xxxx dapat kenaikan 5%.If you add
the adjusment that they got the other day,they all dapat kenaikan 20%

Me : Bagus lah,rezeki diaorg

Wife : I tak puas hati, we all yang Officer 1 only get 3% increament. Now Mr
xxxx pay is more than my pay.

Me : Mr xxxx SPM holder je kan?

Wife : Iye, betul tak adil lah.How do they justify that increase..what is
the justification?
How do they deduce the percentage?

Me : Selagi makan gaji dont complain,these are the things that you will
encounter

Wife : I know,but how do they justify the increase?

Me : We can talk until the cows come home pun tak abis menda ni. Either you
keep quit and start looking for other opportunities or do your own thing




This conversation memang biasa in my household.Both of us memang tak puas hati dengan each other management.I used to be the loose wire@tak pikir panjang type of guy.But when you get older you tend to wise up,plus the fact after being jobless for 3 months makes you realise either you join them or you dont.


I have always told my wife that she is underpaid,i can consider her quite a good worker..she does what is required.But i cant say much about her pay.Anyway i dah encounter situations like this eversince i started working.Memang ler marah..tak puas hati,you feel like confronting the boss but what will be the outcome?They might listen to you but you'll be "marked" by the management for being a "loose cannon" and i doubt they would take whatever you say into consideration. When the boss have made up their mind on anything,rarely you see they think back on it.Usually whats decide stays decided."whats the point?" I always think.I've managed people before,I've seen the good side and bad side of it.The good side of management i will use when i have my own company.Its not easy to please everyone but we can always try.

In work you can never get what you want,you might gain something but you will loose out on something else.eg is maybe the pay is good but the environment sucks.You have to have that balance..baru lengkap hidup.I believe in hard work and seeing the results from it. That is why i have always advocated to my wife that i would rather do my own thing. Sayangnya my wife tak berapa nampak sangat when you have your own business. I think maybe she isnt a risk taking person. Life is a risk..work is also a risk...nak pi jamban pun risk.I believe in hard work and also working smart. Buat apa we all kerja penat-penat untuk kayakan org lain. I believe we were put on God's earth for a reason. A persons success depends on the individual and time will always be a factor.Selagi makan gaji the issue of justice and fairness takkan abis



I still dont see the cows coming home

No comments: