Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Much A-Bridge About Nothing (view from our neighbours)

The Malaysia-Singapore "bridge to replace causeway" issue explained in 30 seconds...


Malaysia: Ay, I want a new bridge.

Singapore: Why? What's wrong with the present one?

Malaysia: Kan-ni-nia, I want ships to dock at Johor so I can service them and build a port operations lar! Now the causeway cannot allow ships to pass through what, like that also must ask meh?

Singapore: *thinks to himself* Siao! Like that the ships don't have to pass by Singapore anymore, can go directly to Malaysia, sure I lose business one.

Singapore: *smiley face* Er... How much does it cost?

Malaysia: Cheap cheap lar! S$500 million for your half of the bridge only.

Singapore: *unsmiley face* Wah lau eh, I lose business plus must spend money somemore to build a new bridge? I not stupid, okay.

Malaysia: What you want?

Singapore: Aiyah, chin chye lar, sell me some sand and allow me to use some of your airspace lor.

Malaysia: Huh? Why you so like that? Want to build or not, if not I just build half-crooked bridge and connect to your side of the causeway!


Sometime later...


Malaysia: Wei, don't want to build new bridge liao. You so evil and selfish, want sand want air, even though it's free and I have plenty of it, wait others think I must kow-tow to you just for a stupid bridge.

Singapore: *thinks to himself* Siao ting-tong, I never wanted the bridge in the first place.

Can't we be friends?

No comments: