Monday, May 22, 2006

Time to move on?

Seperti hari-hari yang lain,I would get an email from Group Corporate Communication on the daily media coverage of the company.Usually I would just delete them but hari ni kena baca pasal agak kecoh in the office this morning. It seems that Datuk Seri Dr Hilmi Yahya said that the CEO’s of several top GLC’s who did not perform just put in their letter and let somebody else run the show.

It has been known that amongst the 15 largest GLC’s 4 had suffered losses last year.

They are :

Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd
Malaysian Airlines Systems Bhd
UEM World Bhd
Proton Holdings Bhd

I belong to one of them,and agak risau when you hear that your boss maybe replaced because he is found incompetent.I worry that when management changes a lot of other things will follow suit. I’ve been through merges and takeovers and its not a pretty sight.You don’t know whats going to happen to you. You don’t need to see where you will be 10 years down the road. Next year pun tak tau untung nasib macamana.

Last week got a call from headhunter who represents this Japanese corporation. They were looking for a supply chain management “expert”. It seems that I fit the bill and wanted me to attend this interview/sessi beramah mesra jumaat ni. The offer they tabled was quite “tempting”.

Lets see how things go this Friday……….maybe I might just take it.

2 comments:

Izhal said...

my friend... kompeni jepun lure with big gaji initially, than when it comes to increment ciput... work load is like building jalan keretapi maut di jepun in world war times... bukak busizness sendiri acob... tak pon keje ngan mat saleh or melayu... but that sucks also... ahhh foget my what i said, I pray for you to suceed in whatever you do... AMIN...

Acob said...

tapi kan iz,keja ngan org melayu ni all talk but no action.kalau tunjuk pandai they think you want to curik depa nyer kerusi.see lah how things go.anyways thanks for your advise